Who We Are:

A church rich in history, rooted and grounded in our faith in the Lord.

Our Mission:

To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.

contact Us:

Mailing Address: 1019 Clark Road, Norman Park GA 31771

Where to find us:

5754 Cool Springs Road

Norman Park, GA 31771

Our history:

In 1854, a few settlers peeled pine logs to build a public meeting house. It served as the church and courthouse until a frame building replaced it in 1885. For 13 years the new church was called "Lost Ball," because a young boy, J.W. Weeks, lost his ball in the construction while the members were working on the building. The late Minnie Weeks declared she didn't approve the name. On Sunday, as the people gathered, behind the pulpit they saw a fresh sign, "Weeks Methodist Chapel." In 1925, that building was razed and the present building erected. Additions have been made since then, including five classrooms and a social hall. In 1940, it was on the Norman Park Circuit with Norman Park, Crossland, and Kimball. Since 1951, Lelia and Weeks have been a charge, with Ellenton with them from 1953-1955.

Leila/Weeks Chapel was Charge of the Year in 1985 for the Valdosta District. In 1988, the church became a station. In 1999, the kitchen was enlarged and renovated and new bathrooms added. In 2000, the church had an active Sunday school, Wednesday night prayer meetings, Men’s Club, UMW Circles, and a senior’s covered-dish supper once a month.